Monday, November 17, 2014

Memo #5

Memo #5 As I mentioned in class I feel like I have a better understanding on how writing should be taught and is taught in a special education classroom. To summarize, instruction should and often does look much like it should in a regular education classroom. Although the focus of assignments may be significantly different as are the expectations, teaching strategies are and should be similar across classrooms. My research has led me to new questions based on the responses of teachers. How on earth does one teacher manage a classroom of special education students? The reality of teaching is that without a classroom that fosters an environment for learning, it is difficult to sustain any quality of teaching. When I hear about the disruption of other disciplines, as well as behavioral issues, and motivational problems I wonder how any teacher successfully provides challenging, differentiated instruction. This leads me to my next step in my research…to observe a class and see for myself how this is accomplished. No valuable instruction can take place until students are in an environment that fosters and encourages learning. So, my next question is… what classroom management strategies are utilized in a special education classroom in order to be able to successfully provide students with the best environment in order to foster the teaching of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment